Author Topic: Bankruptcy  (Read 13561 times)

Jeanette.5

Re: Bankruptcy
« Reply #30 on: Jul 10, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
Thank you James and Loads on the reminder.  I have the certificate of failure with my other paperwork ready for Friday.
My Checklist: Triplicate copies 6.27 & 6.28, passport ID, £700 in cash, triplicate copies 6 months bank statements and occupational pension schemes, IVA certificate of failure. Dutch courage!
I think thats all I need with me?
Will update you next week.
Regards
Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #31 on: Jul 10, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »
Hi Jeanette
You definitely need the 3 copies of your application forms (6.27 & 6.28), your IVA certificate of failure and the £700 cash fee. You will probably not need anything else at the court (the Official receiver will ask you for the other paperwork at a later date) but take it with you anyway as it will not hurt to have it.
All the best for Friday. I am sure you will be fine.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
Hi James
Thanks very much on your good wishes for tomorrow
Will let you know how I get on next week.
Regards
Jeanette.5

Jeanette.5

« Reply #33 on: Jul 17, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »
Hi James
Just to let you know that I had my bankruptcy hearing last Friday and I saw the judge who granted my petition.  The court staff were very helpful and friendly.  The court official who went through my forms advised that he would not take the £175 court fees as I had proof of my carer's allowance/income support together with bank statements.
I am now awaiting a call/letter from the official receiver in the near future.
Thank you for all your support and help.
Regards

Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #34 on: Jul 19, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
Hi there Jeanette
I am really pleased that your experience at the court went smoothly. And great news that you did not have to pay the Court Fee. You should hear from the OR within a couple of days. If you don't then you should give them a quick call. They will want to book a convenient time for a telephone meeting. Let me know how it goes :)

Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #35 on: Jul 21, 2012, 09:41:26 PM »
Hi James
Received a letter from the court last Saturday morning confirming my bankruptcy and detailing contact number for the Official Receiver requesting that I call their office for an appointment.  I called the office on Monday and the gentleman advised that I did not need to actually see the Official Receiver and to await a letter in the near future.
Still not heard from the Official Receiver (one week).  Will give it until Tuesday and give them a call.
I also called my bank (Halifax) and advised that I was made bankrupted.  I asked them if I could keep my basic bank account as it had credits going in only and no direct debits.  The lady was very helpful and advised that she could not see a reason why not.  However she asked me to book an appointment with the branch manager when I hear back from the Official Receiver.  In the meantime I applied for a cashplus account and in receipt of the card.
Will let you know.
Regards
Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #36 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
That sounds promising Jeanette.5
If the ORs office has said that you will not need to meet them then they clearly have no questions about your statement of affairs. However i agree that you should give them a call today and find out if you need to do anything else. In terms of banking hopefully you will be OK with your Halifax account. Look forward to hearing from you.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #37 on: Jul 28, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
Hi James
Just to let you know, I called the Official Receiver's Office on Wednesday this week as it was 12 days since my bankruptcy on 13th July,  I spoke to a gentleman who advised that they should be in touch in the near future.
Have you ever heard of an OR not contacting a bankrupted person if everying is simple and straightforward on the S & A?
Regards

Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #38 on: Jul 30, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
Hi Jeanette.5
If the OR believes that everything is straight forward then there would be no rush to contact you. I am sure you have nothing to worry about.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #39 on: Aug 02, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
Hi James
Update for you:
Today received correspondence from the Official Receiver advising that he does not need to interview me at this present time.  No mention was made of my pensions so not sure how that will go.
Regards

Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #40 on: Aug 03, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
That is good news Jeanette.5
It seems that the OR is not expecting you to make any monthly payment towards your debt. Although it would be good to get 100%confirmation of this so I would be inclined to put another call into them and ask the question. Just say that you have received a letter but it has not really confirmed anything. In terms of your pensions, I am sure that the OR is not interested in these because you do not become of pensionable age before the date of your expected discharge. However it is also worth raising this when you call to confirm.
My rule if you are not 100% sure is always put a call into your OR. It is your right to know where you stand and the OR's office will not mind at all that you are keeping in touch and making sure that you do everything correctly.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #41 on: Aug 03, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
Hi James

Thanks for your reply.  I will let you know in the future as to what happens in my particular case.

Regards
Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #42 on: Aug 06, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
No problem Jeanette.5
Please do let know know how everything turns out.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Jeanette.5

« Reply #43 on: Oct 19, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
Hi James
Hope you are well. 
As promised, an update to let you know that I have not heard anything from the OR since his letter to me advising that he would not be interviewing me (July).
Regards
Jeanette.5

James Falla

« Reply #44 on: Oct 23, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
Sounds as though the OR has no further reason to speak to you Jeanette.5. As I mentioned before there is no harm in giving them a quick call to enquire whether there is any reason why you will not be discharged automatically after 12 months....
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com