Author Topic: My DMP and Christmas  (Read 739 times)

Harper75

My DMP and Christmas
« on: Nov 23, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »
Hello

I am on a DMP with the CCCS and pay £249 per month.  However I am really worried because with Christmas coming up I am really going to struggle to meet my monthly payment next month.  Also my job tends to go a bit more quiet in December whereby I don't normally have any work from about 15th December to the 4th January so my pay isn't as much as a normal month.

Is anyone else on a DMP with CCCS and in a similar predicament with regards to Christmas?

Thanks

Paul

James Falla

Re: My DMP and Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
Hi there Paul

Have you spoken to your case worker at CCCS? My suggestion is that you explain to them that your income will fall in Dec/Jan and ask whether you can reduce your normal payment or even take a payment holiday. You never know they might be accommodating. However do be prepared for them to be quite strict with you. They get many many requests to reduce or miss payments during the xmas period and sometimes react badly to them.... One of the advantages of using a commercial debt management company is that they can usually be more accommodating in these situations.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com