Author Topic: advice needed  (Read 931 times)

wyattski

advice needed
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
Hi guys,
I've been putting this off for several months and have decided its about time i faced up to my money problems!
Im about £18,000 in debt and after ive paid my payments on this, rent, food and petrol im left with £70 and this doesnt include paying for road tax etc etc which means i never have money to treat myself or actually enjoy my wages and i feel constantly depressed about this, i dont see an end to my debts and would really like some advice on what to do and how to help pay this mounting debt off.
Thanks in advance.

James Falla

Re: advice needed
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »
Hi wyattski,

Sorry I have not had a chance to reply to you sooner. I do not post on this forum every day. If you have debts which you cannot pay, the first thing to do is calculate your disposable income. You work this out by taking away your living expenses (not including debt payments) from your income. Your disposable income is what you have available to repay debt. If this is £150 or more, you might be able to consider an IVA. If not then a debt management plan could be a better option for you. If you can give me an idea of what you think your disposable income is I can offer you more advice.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com