Author Topic: need advice on old IVA  (Read 921 times)

hitch250

need advice on old IVA
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »
this is my first post so sorry if repeating previous querys.
my problem is i took out an iva 5 years in dec but as it was going thro i sold my house to which i broke even, and did not gain from it.
now the strange question lol, i have never been asked for a penny or recived any letters from any people i owe money to £25k in total,
in dec 06 the iva went thro court in nottingham but then one week later a ccj  went thro lincoln court,
and nobody including courts have asked for a penny,
i know you prob thinking well just leave it but im now i am in new realationship and dont wanna have the worry hanging over me.
any advice please and not that ive been lucky because it has worried me for almost 5 years many thanks

James Falla

Re: need advice on old IVA
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2011, 11:42:19 AM »
Hi Hitch250

Are you saying that you had an IVA accepted in Dec 06 but you have never made any payments towards it? If this is the case I find it incredible that you have never been contacted by the IVA company or any of your creditors. When you moved house, did you give your IVA company your new address so they could contact you? Please give us a little more information and we can advise further.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

hitch250

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:29:39 PM »
yes thats what im saying, the  iva company took both me and my ex's address's. and said they would be in touch and no creditors have even sent a letter, both the iva and ccj are on experian and equfax but no defaults at all on anything and they saying will be removed dec/12
thanks for your help.

hitch250

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
as it is so strange maybe i should just wait it out, then if  people start chasing pay reduced direct to creditors.

James Falla

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
I would be extremely surprised if the IVA company you used origionally had not failed your IVA by now. Perhaps they were trying to contact you by mistake at your previous address. Who was the IVA company you were dealing with? Ultimately if non of your creditors have made any attempt to contact you and you have not made any further payments, the best thing to do may well be to let sleeping dogs lie. If 6 years passes and you have still paid nothing then the debts may well become statute barred meaning that they are no longer enforceable with court action.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com