Author Topic: Moved from Sweden to UK  (Read 770 times)

Kitchenpaper

Moved from Sweden to UK
« on: Oct 09, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
hej

I am living in the UK for about 3 months now. I have a NINO, I am working, I pay council tax and anything else as a normal UK citizen.

I had a very small loan for a computer in Sweden (during my studies) I thought it was paid off before I moved because we as far I remember I had a 2 year contract and those 2 years passed.

Now I get a letter from an Incasso.

Stating the amount 5300 Swedish krones (around 530 pounds)

160 krones inkasso costs ... is this legal? Thought they can only asked to owed money + intrest as mentionned in contract with creditor, nothing more.

This can't be right as my computer even had less value then that and I already paid off at least 2 years. There is nothing in detail just this amount.

It is not a registered letter, so they don't have proof I received it. Do they have to sent a registered letter before they can go to court?

To which court would this go? UK or Sweden?

Are to really planning to sew me for 500 pounds in another country.

so 1) This amount can't be right

2) if it would be right, can they do something besides threatening?

thank you

James Falla

Re: Moved from Sweden to UK
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
Hi there Kitchenpaper.

I am not familure with Swedish insolvency law so I am unable to say what actions this creditor is allowed to take. However if they have traced you in the UK it does seem that they are intend on getting back their money and may well take futher action against you. They are certainly likely to continue to hassle you for the money and may take action in the UK against you. I think the best thing to do would be to pay off this debt as quickly as possible and move on.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com