Author Topic: A very cheeky one.  (Read 749 times)

sillyboy

A very cheeky one.
« on: Oct 07, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »
Once upon a time I had car finance with a company,I defaulted and I was eventually served with a ccj by the company,now, I have not acknowlleged nor paid anything off the debt for about 4 years and the ccj has not been enforced.I beleive that the ccj has about 2 years left before it becomes statute barred,now my question is,once this ccj becomes statute barred,what would happen if I then applied for finance for a motorcycle with the same company(only because most vehicle retailers deal with this company),help appreciated ??? ???

James Falla

Re: A very cheeky one.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
Hi sillyboy

You are right, if a CCJ is in place for 6 years and the creditor takes no further action to enforce it, then it will become statute barred. The record of the CCJ should then come off your credit rating. However you can be sure that the debt still exists and the finance company are still within their rights to chase you for it. Statute barred just means that the creditor can not take further legal action to enforce their debt so if you ignore their demands there is nothing they can do.

Given this I feel it would be extremely unlikely they will offer you more finance in the future. However it is worth a try. You might be accepted. Stranger things have happened.....
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com