Author Topic: Suggestion Needed  (Read 511 times)

emmajacob36

Suggestion Needed
« on: Sep 29, 2011, 07:26:33 AM »
I have a question on behalf of my friend.   On what companies tend to give the highest credit limits and are easiest to get? Although he only have a 36 month credit history, his FICO scores are now 754. he only have 3 open cards at this time and their limits are small. Do you think he wud be able to get a card with let’s say a $11,000 limit? I tend to think "yes" since his FICO is 754, but do they actually look at the reports and see if he has a history with high amounts, or do they mainly base everything on that FICO score? Any suggestions?

James Falla

Re: Suggestion Needed
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
I think different credit card providers will have different criteria that they consider when deciding whether or not to increase a credit limit. If he wants to extend his limit, I would suggest your friend's best option is to approach one of the card providers that he is currently with. If they have a 3 year history of him paying on time then they are going to be the card most likely to increase his limit if he requires. However the first question they will ask is why he wants to increase his limit. I suggest he needs to have a good answer.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com