Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 912 times)

Di

HELP!!!!
« on: Sep 27, 2011, 12:14:37 AM »
Hi can anyone please HELP...I NEED ADVICE.. about 18 mths ago i went on a debt management programme, as i have debt, one of which is from a high court, i was very ill in May and missed june and julys payments, due to time off work (8 wks off), last mth i paid my mthly fee plus half, so in 4 mths id be back up to date.. well unknown to me the high court debt went back to court, then the enforcement officer turned up at my door, theyve added another £2.000 on the debt as costs, i got onto my debt management who tried to resolve it but the creditor wont budge, i then recieved a letter from creditors to say pay up or there coming for my goods and then another £725.00 plus vat would be added.... i really dont know what to do as they wont take any offer i make, they keep harrassing me, im ill and have had treatment and stress is the main contribution to my illness.... I JUST CANT WIN...

Di

Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Has anyone got any advice...

James Falla

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
Hi there Di

Your debt management company should be trying to negotiate with the creditor in question. However the problem with a DMP is always that your creditors can take further action against you if they see fit. May I ask a bit more about your situation. For example are you are home owner or do you rent? The reason I ask is that given that the stress of your debts is contributing to your illness you might be better considering a different debt solution such as a debt relief order or even bankrutpcy which would give you immediate legal protection against this creditor who is threatening to take your goods...
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

Di

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »
Hi and thankyou for replying....
 I live in rented accomodation, my DMP has suggested a DRO, but as i have no prove of my earnings, i cant proceed with this, the creditors have put my proposal of now paying my normal payments to there client for her to decide if shel accept.. also im so angry at the way iv been treated over the matter as is it was due to illness i missed payments, im going to apply to the court for them to decide and see if i can get all charges and interest stopped too, ... If this fails then in a few mths i shall have proof of earnings as hoping to start a new job.. If this fails then i will have to do DRO or bankrupsy.. im left with no choice because all the time the charges are going up.. and il be paying for the rest of my life.. People in debt that are doing there best to pay and sort it out should be given help and support.. NOT MORE MONEY PUT ON TOP ALL THE TIME...   
This debt started at about £2.000... the rest is in charges.. iv paid DMP for about 18mths .. so it works out what iv paid off the debt has just been added back on, and extra on top.... icant believe they can get away with this...

Di

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
sorry .. this debt is now £5.500... i do have other debts included in my DMP.. so in total my debts about £9.000..

James Falla

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
Hi Di

From what you have said a DRO certainly sounds like the right solution for you. What do you mean by you can not prove your earnings? You do not have to have any earnings to start a DRO.... All you need to prove this is your bank statement and any evidence of any benefits you may be receiving.

You mention that in a few months you may be starting a new job. If you are thinking about a DRO you need to be aware that you can only do this if your disposable income is less than £50 a month. If your new job means that your disposable income rises past this, then you can no longer do a DRO leaving you with the option of bankruptcy. This will help you in exactly the same way but cost much more to implement.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com