Author Topic: outside the uk  (Read 782 times)


  • *
  • Posts: 1
outside the uk
« on: Aug 30, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »
Hi just been made- bankrupt in the UK , but live in the USA , so got an email form the Or saying that i would not be interviewed.. i have a house in the USA , but very little equity in it , after mortgage and my wife's Sayre about 1200 pounds so the questions are
1. How long does it take the Or to process the info mation and tell me if i have to pay an amount every month , and how would i do this form aboard as my bank account was shut by barclays?
2. if have to wait 2 years and 3 months before i can apply to buy the equity , do they employ agents to do this as it outside the UK , and as i have very little equity in it , would they bother as the cost of do ing this must be high ?

James Falla

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 655
Re: outside the uk
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »
Hi there scc007
Generally if the OR has comprehensive statement of affairs documentation from you, then they should make a decision about whether or not to implement a income payment agreement within a few weeks. If you want to ask a question about this of feel it has been a while and you have heard nothing, you should feel free to give the OR a call and ask them. You can also ask them how they would want any such payment to be made if relevant.
In terms or your property, If you believe there is some equity in it, my advise would be to make an offer to the OR to buy it back immediately. The best thing to do would be to get an independent valuation in writing so you can prove what the equity is. If the equity is say £5000 I suggest offering say £2500 as you are right, the cost of trying to get more than that would simply outweigh any benefit...
Debt Expert & Author