Author Topic: Where to start?  (Read 869 times)

janinef

Where to start?
« on: Aug 24, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
Hi all,
New to this forum...and new to debt solutions too!  :(  I'm trying to find out a reputable company to go to for advice that aren't going to give me a solution I don't actually need...I've heard some bad stories about being put into bankruptcies or plans that are unnecessary for certain situations, so want to make the right choice. My sister in law used a company called 1stop money, but I'm sceptical about things as this is such an important decision. Has anyone else used them? Please let me know what you can if so...grately appreciated. Janine x

James Falla

Re: Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
Hi there Janinef

I have not heard of 1stop money so I can not comment on them i'm afraid. A lot of people are concerned about the right company to chose so you are not alone. My best advice to you is speak to 2-3 different companies and compare the advice they give you. Then chose the one you are most comfortable with.

If you like, please give us a little more information about your situation (amount of debt, disposable income, are you a home owner) and we can give you some further advice as well.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

janinef

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
Hi there,
Thanks for your help...I'm collating some info from a few places, and will get in touch asap.

genie

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
Hi Janinef,

Shop around, look at a few companies speak with them and ask them any questions that you might have,

dont just assume the bigger the firm the better as this is not usually the case

if you have any question feel free to ask away
Emma
Debt Advisor www.debt-genie.co.uk

James Falla

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
Hi janinef

It sounds as though you are doing the right thing. Let us know if you need any more help or advice. As I mentioned before, if you tell us a bit more about your situation we can advise further :)
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com