Author Topic: Query over letter from Mackenzie Hall  (Read 3032 times)

brynm

Query over letter from Mackenzie Hall
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
This morning I received a letter from this Company - Mackenzie Hall in Ayrshire.  Making enquiries about a person I do know or should I say knew.  I had no idea what this was about so Googled Mackenzie Hall to find out who or what they were.

The letter I have received has asked am I the person and then goes on to say Ring them if I know anything about the whereabouts of this person.

I have no wish whatsoever to get involved, but am I to be subjected to harassment if I don't respond?

I think it should be binned - what does anyone else think?  :-X

James Falla

Re: Query over letter from Mackenzie Hall
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »
Hi Brynm

Mackenzie Hall are a debt collecting company. There is no obligation on you to respond to the letter received and you can simply bin it. However, if the individual in question used to live at your address, you may continue to get correspondence about them. To prevent this, you could write to Mackenzie Hall explaining that the individual know longer lives at your address and you have no knowledge of their whereabouts.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

JohnSmith2011

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2011, 04:56:54 PM »
i agree, just throw it away. it doesnt concern you so its nothing to worry about.

AshleyPark

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:14:37 AM »
I used to get one a week from different companies addressed to 2 different people and in fairness to them when i finally picked up the phone and told them Mr and Mrs ***** did not reside here the letters did stop! 

Now if only i could stop the phonecalls about cheaper broadband.....
Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa

JohnSmith2011

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
Ha Ha  :) dont we all??

shocksoc335

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:43:22 PM »
Don't open the letter return to sender with details if poss of the whereabouts oo the person they are addressed to, if they continue complain to the Office of Fair Trading
Supporting 'Practical Debt Advice' by Elizabeth Mc

James Falla

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
I think that is good advice from Lee. There is no harm in picking up the phone and informing the collecting company that the person they are chasing does not live at your address and you do not know of their whereabouts. This should put a stop to the letters but if it doesn't, then in the time to start threatening with complaints to the OFT.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com