Author Topic: CCJ - court date now! previous post debt not mine!, further help needed please!  (Read 7607 times)

James Falla

Hi there keiran

This who situation seems absolutely ridiculous and I can understand your frustration completely. That you have been issued with a CCJ for a debt that you never incured is almost boardering on criminal. I can see no reason why the judge will not set aside the CCJ immediately.

As soon as this has been done, I have to say that in your position I would be doing everything I possibly could to claim compensation from the people who have applied for the CCJ against you. I would also be writing to watch dog, the OFT and anyone else I could think of to highlight the issue. These people can not be allowed to put you through all of this hassle and simply get away with it....   
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

keiranjfarrell

Hi thanks for replying.

When this is all over i dont know if i could go threw the whole process of filing for compensation, i wouldnt have a clue how to go about this if im honest. Unless its a case of mentioning to the the judge. From the letter and the form ive recieved id be very suprised on the day if the solicitors actually show at the court seeing as they now are saying their stopping all proceedings.

Id be even more suprised if the judge was so stupid as to not remove this but i wont hold my breath, Its been a living hell and my stress levels have been threw the roof. Thats just the dealing with the courts never mind the rest of if.

Im just shocked that ive got a letter from the solicitors saying they have sent a copy of this to the court basically stopping proceedings and the court are saying i will still have to go to court still and plead my case to have it removed. It should be removed straight away considering the people who applyied for it aint able to take it further knowing full well the debt isnt mine!
They are the ones who got the judgement afterall now they know they have done wrong.

Its like talking to a chimp sometimes at the court, yesterday the woman i spoke to said "you could have it removed if you came to an agreement on payment with the creditors" I said "which part of this alleged debt isnt mine are you missing? the solicitors know for a fact it isnt and know they aint going to be able to pull the wool over my eyes and have now said they are leving it knowing full well they have illegally gained this ccj and knowing full well it was never my debt" She then replyed "like i said sir you could come to an agreement with the creditors for payment to have it removed"

I then said "right FACT they have stoped proceedings, FACT i owe nothing, they are not able nor are now willing to chase this alleged debt knowing full well it isnt mine, i have a letter here saying they are stopping proceeding" she then repeated what she said twice and i just said "right ok good bye"

Everytime its been the same they dont listen to a word you say and as for helping they make it as hard a process as can be. The min you mention its for a ccj the tone of voice changes from the "happy" hello.

I was thinking of going to watch dog after its all sorted but then its the entire load of hassle it brings with it that i couldnt be bothered with.

Thanks to everyone for their help as well, i wouldnt of been able to get anywhere without everyones input. I'll update after the court hearing and let everyone know exactly whats what. I cant see how a judge would be able legally and morally to allow this to remain. Fingers crossed!

If i was to go along the road of claiming compensation, would it just be telling the judge the way its effected my health or would it involve more?

Keiran

James Falla

Good luck with the court hearing Keiran

In terms of compensation, I would suggest that you wrote a strongly worded letter to the debt collection company / solicitor involved listing the time and money you have spent trying to resolve their mistake and demand they send you a cheque to make amends. Mention that if not, you will register your complaint with the OFT (in the case of the collector) and the law society (in the case of the solicitor). Worth seeing what comes of it....
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com