Author Topic: Free Debt Advice - Question  (Read 12780 times)

othellahughes

Re: Free Debt Advice - Question
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2009, 05:49:32 AM »
Afternoon.

Is it really free to get advice? also is the advice of a professional nature or just sales patter? how do you know if the people you are speaking to are qualified?

I have been speaking to the below company, they sound convincing, but I would just like to find out if ther is anything I should look out for.

http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/debt/debt-advice.htm

Many Thanks
Mandy
Though the fees of these type of servhices is very high but it is able to give solutions . So if anybody is interested then he really can atleast consult these type of services.

gordonblair81

« Reply #16 on: Aug 03, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
Fees are fees at the end of the day people are out to make money.

Example - Trust deed with £15,000 of debt - £200 per month you pay back £7200 in total and debt free in 3 years i have a number of cinets of mine who are in this position and i am happy to explain all fees to anybody i deal with.

£7200 includes fees yes but you find an insolvency practitioner who would do this sort of thing for free no chance !!!!

An IVA - Needs an Insolvency Practitioner
A Trust Deed - Needs an Insolvency Practitioner
Debt Management plan - Cowboys if you ask me
Free debt advice - No Insolvency practitioners involved !!!

Lizzy B

« Reply #17 on: Aug 04, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
Before you do an IVA and hamper your credit file you should see if the debts are actually enforcable.  I was considering these drastic measures before i used a claims company to look into it.  my results were positive.

michael

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2009, 03:16:22 AM »
the banks loan money that isnt even there! go on the BBC news website and search banks tax evasion.  All the top four banks commit fraud evasion.  Apparently by a network of over 1000 subsidiary companies based in tax free havens!
the govt has asked them to come clean as it was the government who have bailed them out.

Before you pay your debts back have them auditied to see if the paperwork you signed is correct.  if it isnt then you could have the debt classed as unenforceable!

Stirling09

« Reply #19 on: Sep 03, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »
I have decided to use a debt management company rather than one of the 'conflict of interests' so called free services.  I do need a bit of help though.  A few companies have sent documents to me based on very long winded conversations I have had with them.  Most are asking for a set up fee equal to the first two payments (e. g Chase Saunders) and one even wants the first three payments.  Triangle Finance are only asking for one payment but am I missing something.  If I only get charged one payment now, can I expect to be charged again in the future? I'm guessing not as it described as an informal arrangement.

I have made a mess of my debts and am trying to be carefull so I don't make a hash up of this too.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am hoping to get onto a plan before Christmas so I can have a less stressful Christmas.

Thanks

I have a debt management programme with Chase Saunders. The reason I chose them was because all of their advisors have a background in finance before entering debt management services. They were up front about the whole process from the start and are only a phone call away when I start to feel panicky.

A friend tried payplan, but is now in an impossible position because their 3 month plan is coming to an end. I've recommended she goes to Chase Saunders.