Author Topic: Help with car finance agreement  (Read 1154 times)

Vixxi82

Help with car finance agreement
« on: Dec 02, 2010, 05:42:22 PM »
Hi, i purchased a car on finance in oct 06 the amount i borrowed was roughly 10900 i have paid all except 2500. anyway earlier this year i missed a single payment meaning the account was in arrears of around £156 which i agreed to pay back each month at a small amount. i recieved a default for this. anyway my car payment fell due 28.12.10 unfortunately due to the bad weather and me being 8 mths preg i couldnt get to the bank to transfer the funds to pay the payment so i made a 50% payment of £80 meaning the account is now 1.5 payments in arrears. anyway im still snowed in and unable to get the car out to transfer funds to pay the other 80and they are saying that they will issue a termination notice without issuing another default notice for the current arrearsUnless i pay by tomorow can they actually do this and how can i stop them taking my car? thanks

James Falla

Re: Help with car finance agreement
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
Hi there Vixxi82

It seems very harsh of the car finance company to be acting in this way especially as everyone knows the weather is currently terrible. I would try to contact them again and explain the situtation. Alternatively, have you tried ringing your bank and asking them if they will make the transfer for you. Most accounts have a telephone banking facility so they should be able to arrange this for you. All you will need to do is give them the car finance company's payment details....
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com