Author Topic: PSA Chasing for repayment  (Read 926 times)

cardifflad

PSA Chasing for repayment
« on: Oct 25, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »
Hi All,

I have an outstanding debt with PSA, which i defaulted on approx 4 years ago.  I have been repaying via a debt collection agency for the last 3 years, and have never missed a payment, but over the last year i have been constantly contacted by PSA demanding payment of the outstanding balance.  When i call them, they apologise, and advise me to disregard all letters and calls, as they debt collection agency are passing the funds to them, and can see that from the account record.  They have now advised they have an automated system and cannot stop the phone dialer's calling or sending out letters.  They have advised i should disregard all contact from them by letter and phone yet is it getting very annoying walking in from work each night and seeing the missed calls, and the monthly letter.  Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this?  I cant put up with another year of this, which is when it will be paid in full.

James Falla

Re: PSA Chasing for repayment
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »
Hi there Cardifflad

That really does seem to be very annoying. It seems crazy that PSA can not correct their system so that it does not constantly contact you. I would have thought that this would be in their interest as it must cost a fortune in postage if the same procedure is being used for each client.

If you are really worried about the phone calls, my suggestion is that should change your number. This would be a sure fire way of putting a stop to them. In terms of the letters, I do not think there is much more you can do other than keep binning them as you have been instructed.
Debt Expert & Author
beatmydebt.com

madison85

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »
Its really strange what they are saying that they've nothing to do in this regard. I don't think phone number changing  Only for one person or company is a wise decision. You can find out a way or contact with your phone company is there any way to block some particular phone numbers which is disturbing you. There are some Handsets also which can block phone numbers, just put the phone numbers in that black list and you'll probably not see the annoying missed call. If this doesn't work you must take help of local law. The matter is really annoying I think.  :-[

Steven Jackson

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »
Hi Cardifflad

I can understand your frustration with this. I agree with James that one way of stooping the phone calls would be to change your number. You could also write to PSA and tell them that you feel that their actions are harassment and if they do not stop, you will report their actions to the office of fair trading (OFT). This will often do the trick as the OFT are currently extremely hot on this type of thing.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com