Author Topic: Is it too late for a mortgage at 34?  (Read 1535 times)

marcus

Is it too late for a mortgage at 34?
« on: Sep 04, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »
Turning 34 next week and have no mortgage and no savings, have I left it too late?

Debtwitch

Re: Is it too late for a mortgage at 34?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2009, 09:28:54 AM »
You aren't too old for a mortgage, it's whether you have the means.  You'll need to have the deposit per the lender's specifications, eg, 10% for 90% mortgage, 15% for 85% mortgage, and then the income that meets the affordability calculation for a particular lender.

Why don't you make an appointment to discuss with an Advisor at a High Street bank branch to discuss and help you decide if it's something you can achieve?

Regards,
Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager  e: [email protected]

michelle170

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »
For me, being 34 years old is not the reason for you to have a mortgage. I think the standard retirement age is 67. You can contact now a mortgage broker in order for you to start having a mortgage.

Steven Jackson

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
In my view, it is never to late to get a mortgage. However, the focus should be on getting together a deposit so someone like Marcus would have to make saving a priority I fear :)
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

AshleyPark

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »
Hi Marcus,

Something to remember  when looking for a mortgage is by paying an upfront fee will not open up any different options to you and any Mortgage Broker worth their salt will be able to asses your options from a quick fact finding exercise and this costs nothing more than time!

Lee
Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa