Author Topic: Apex - request for original credit agreement  (Read 940 times)

hoochie

Apex - request for original credit agreement
« on: Aug 25, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
Hi all,

I defaulted on a Co-op loan a few years ago (2007) and then moved house and 'forgot' to give new address. After a while I started getting calls on my mobile from Apex Credit Management which I ignored and they stopped. About a year ago I signed up for Credit Expert to look at my account, and the Apex account was on there - but then it dissapeared. Then a few weeks ago Apex started calling again.  I didn't want to ignore it any more becuase I was scared of getting an entry with GAIN so I emailed them to give new address, said I hadn't received any correspondence from them (I claimed I had given bank my new address) about this and would they confirm in writing who the original creditor was, when the debt was passed on, and supply a copy of the original credit agreement.  I got a letter quite quickly confirming the first two facts. However they didn't provide credit agreement, and said they were chasing Co-op for it, but also said 'we would like to manage your expectations by explaining that we are only allowed to make a certain number of requests to Co-op Bank.'

Nothing since (this was about three weeks ago). Am I right in thinking they have to provide the credit agreement within a certain timescale? If so, what happens if they don't? Moreover, if the debt was assigned to them should they not already have a copy of it?

I'm also curious as to why this dropped off my credit record as it's less than six years old.  Maybe it was a mistake to contact them with my new adddress, but as I say I was worried about the implictions of GAIN.

Any advice? Many thanks.

Steven Jackson

Re: Apex - request for original credit agreement
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2010, 01:13:19 PM »
Hi Hoochie

If you believe that you owe the origional debt, then the best solution is always to make arrangements to repay it even if this is in the form of monthly payments. If you do not do this, then these things do have a habit of coming back to bit you at the worst time - perhaps in the middle of a mortgage application. 

I'm not sure why the debt dropped off your record. The best thing to do is always get a copies of your credit file from each of the 3 main agencies: Equifax, Experian and Callcredit so you can compare them. If a record exists one of them will show it. The cost of getting them all is only £6 in total so well worth it.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com