Author Topic: Why did my creditors not pursue with court action?  (Read 1225 times)

philngems

Why did my creditors not pursue with court action?
« on: Aug 05, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
Ok

In debt.. a lot of debt.. decided to try to run away but as usual i realised i couldnt keep it up. I started to make contact with the creditors(not the originals but the company that had taken over the chase. Usual stuff happened discussed payment arrangements and 1 off payments and then 1 day when i called them to discuss and offer for full and final payment they advised me they were no longer dealing with them and the client had requested the debt back. Why would a company not proceed with court action?

Now i am back at the start and have arranged to make monthly payments to the debt.

Just wondered if there was a reason that maybe i could take advantage of..

As anyone else had this done to them

Thanks

solvent

Re: Why did my creditors not pursue with court action?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2010, 04:24:03 PM »
HI
Ok 2 things here....have you moved address?
Did you stop payments after the original repayment plan?

It would seem the original creditor sold it to DCA who had no success in the usual 28days and it was given back to original creditor. Here they can either sell it to another DCA or try themselves...what I need to know to help you is what was the debt and who with?
thanks

philngems

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2010, 06:31:58 PM »
Ok the bulk of the debt is with the halifax with 2 loans and a credit card. and the other is with barclaycard.

I have moved out of my mortgaged house which has a secured loan against it because i was too scared that my family would have been made homeless so wanted to move into rented house while i had a credit rating to allow me to.

solvent

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
Ok first of all, dont worry....

Are the loans and cards registered at your mortgaged home address?

A new dca will be sold the debt and chase you - so try this for now..

It is worth writing to all your creditors and saying you have moved to a new address (your rented accomm) why? it cools things down for a while and being in rented accom rather than your house, means on the face of it the cant really do much. Wait for the new DCA to chase you and re credit card debts send off a CCA request asking for the signed agreement between you and the creditor, this will buy you more time, but 90% of the time the DCA will not have this as it is illegal to pass on the original agreement as per the credit card act of 1972, it is between you and the original creditor not the DCA.

Now go and get a free sim card and a pay as you go phone for £3.99 in Argos, send proof of tenancy agreement and this new number to them all as well. This will stop house visits and phone calls to mortgaged house.

When you have done all this, let me know and Ill help with next stage.....

discalimer - IM regulated with the MOJ and have been helping poeple for a long time, although my methods to most may seem to be unorthodox, it works. Although every bit of advice should be taken as that and you can make your mind up as to if it works for you

regards