Author Topic: Going Out Of my mind Help Please  (Read 960 times)


  • *
  • Posts: 1
Going Out Of my mind Help Please
« on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »
I had a debt of £600 owed to a vet and now I have the high court Bailiffs on my doorstep threatening to take everything and with thier charges I now owe £1500.
I have been to citizens advice and they said I need to see adebt advisor and the earliest one can see me is in September.
The bailiff firm have told me they will have nothing to do with citizens advice.
I am on Income support as due to ill health I cannot work.  i am a widow bringing up my teenage daughter alone and nobody to turn to. 
I have rung every solicitor in the the yellow pages for help but either thier legal aid is all used up or they don't do legal aid for this problem.
The bailiffs won't hold off and I am terrified they are just going to burst in and take everything I own and my daughters stuff like her laptop that she must have for college.
I have been advised I need a debt relief order but I cannot get it till CAB can see me and the bailiffs want it all now.
I paid £5 into the bailiffs account and offered £5 a week till I get the Debt relief order but they want it all now.
Any advice please how I can stop this as its not nice making my daughter and i be locked in a house with all the doors and windows closed in this heat all the time and its really affecting my daughter badly.
I myself havn't eaten or slept for 3 days.

Steven Jackson

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 281
Re: Going Out Of my mind Help Please
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »
Hi Bev
Sorry to hear about your situation. You are basically doing the right thing my maintaining a payment of £5 a week. Please have a look at the following which give more information about what to do if you are being threatened with bailiffs:
In terms of dealing with your outstanding debt, you are right to go to the CAB and discuss a debt relief order. In the mean time, try not to panic about the bailiff. They will use strong arm tactics but they can not break into your house. They can only come in if you invite them which of course you will not do.
Debt Expert