Author Topic: Would this interest you?  (Read 793 times)

Andy86

Would this interest you?
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am completely new here and I would like your input on some potential ideas.

I have worked in Finance, specifically for a one of the largest Debt Management companies in the country for many years.  
I have gained much experience in handling debt and what people struggle with when it comes to Debt.

I am not here to represent my company or sell Debt Management to anyone but to present ideas to you, the people it really affects.

So to the idea,

I am currently wanting to build a road show / event / community get together to specifically deal with:

- Helping managing finances,
- Debt,
- Living with recession and coming out the other side stronger

The main aim to bring communities together, advise people help them help themselves, friends, family, neighbours etc…

I would like to know:
o       Would it interest you?
o       Would you make the time to drop in?
o       Would you take part in any workshops we run?
o       Would you like to be more involved? Become a trainer to help others?
o       How much would you like to pay to visit the event?
-  £2-£3,
-  £3-£5,
- £5+

Any and all thoughts are welcome, if you think your local community would like it, let me know tell me about it, if not tell me why.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Andy

Steven Jackson

Re: Would this interest you?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2010, 11:54:11 AM »
Its an interesting idea Andy. I have seen it done before but in my experience the attendees will not generally be willing to pay for it. I think it would be better to make it a free service and perhaps try to get sponsorship from creditors to finance any costs. Perhaps they should be taking a little more interest in social responsibility......

The other thing to bear in mind is that debt is still a very emotive subject. Forums like this are excellent as they allow people to get really good advice but remain anonymous. However, getting people to attend an event where they have to go in person can be difficult. However, good luck with it.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com