Author Topic: ex bankrupt and having issues  (Read 1552 times)

peterf

ex bankrupt and having issues
« on: Jul 13, 2010, 09:09:56 AM »
Hi just a couple of quick questions if i may

Currently my experian credit file shows the following:-

Name:XXXXXXXXXXXXAddress:XXXXXXXXXXXXInformation type:Bankruptcy OrderDate:01/08/2004Information Source:London GazetteSatisfaction date:01 August 2005Note:When your bankruptcy has been annulled or discharged we will be informed by the Insolvency Service. For further information please see the Report Guide.

Is this correct especially the note section, also i understand that this should fall off my credit report next month is this also correct ?

Also we have been looking at getting a mortgage and we contacted a broker and sent him our credit reports for him to go away and find someone that would lend to us, he said he would not need to arrange any searches until we were ready to go ahead and he had someone that would give us a mortgage 100% however he has arranged a search and it has linked my wifes credit file to mine as in association with me, will this cause her any issues as she has a very good credit rating ?

Lastly any tips on how to rebuild my credit rating i have tried the vanquish etc credit cards but just get declined :-(

Regards

Steven Jackson

Re: ex bankrupt and having issues
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:40:28 PM »
Hello Peterf

My understanding from the extract you have given is that you were made bankrupt on the 1st Aug 04 and that you were discharged on the 1st August 05. You should certainly have been discharged by now unless your bankrutpcy was specifically extended by the official receiver (OR). You would have been made aware of your discharge by the OR in writing.

If you are unaware of your discharge, you should contact the OR who dealt with your case and confirm it with them.

You are right, the record of you having been declared bankrupt will disappear from your credit file after 6 years from the date of the bankruptcy order.

In terms of getting a mortgage, I assume what your broker is saying is that you are trying to get a mortgage in joint names and so your credit record will effect things. If your wife has a good rating and she applies for the mortgage in her name alone, she would probably not be effected by you. However, this may not be possible if you are combining your incomes to get a mortgage.

In terms of improving your credit rating, the best thing to do is approach your own bank and on the basis that you have been running your account well since you declared bankruptcy, see if they will give you a small overdraft or credit card limit.

Debt Expert
ivainformation.com