Author Topic: Am i Bankrupt ????????  (Read 2232 times)

ALIWORLDALI

Am i Bankrupt ????????
« on: Jul 07, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »
hi guys back in end of 2004 i took loan from halifax i was paying ok  but got out of my job so no income,,as my work permit and visa expired in uk, now i had a personal load and overdraft since end of 2004 my bank account got close  i got bad credit scorring,,  my question is am i in list of bankrupt????? or i am just having bad credit score??????? please advise and help me on this metter,,,,,,

thanks in advance

Steven Jackson

Re: Am i Bankrupt ????????
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
Hi there

You credit record will have been affected and I would assume that you have received default notices against your accounts. However, other than this, it is very unlikely that any of your creditors have actually declared you bankrupt.

Are you still living in the UK? If so you could always order a copy of your credit file from Experian or Equifax to see exactly what the situation is.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

ALIWORLDALI

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »
cheers mate for your reply,,  yes i still live in england,,  i think i would need to follow your instruction,,,,  someone told me after 6 or 7 years my credit score will get renew from start ,, is that true? how can i find out about this metter?

Steven Jackson

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2010, 03:14:30 PM »
Hi again

Unfortunatley it is not quite correct to say that your credit score will simply renew after 6 years. If you still have outstanding unpaid debt, this will continue to effect your credit score even after 6 years.

If you want to improve your score, the best thing to do is first check who you still owe money to by getting a copy of your credit file. You then need to go about settling any outstanding amounts. Once this is done, your credit rating will start to get better.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

Graham Down

« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »
The easiest (and cheapest, since it's free!) way to check is to go to the individual insolvence register, on www.insolvency.gov.uk.  That

ajgraves

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
Hi,

You can't be declared bankrupt without firstly paying for the admin and signing legal documentation. I would say that you are simply considered to be high risk when it comes to lending.
http://www.valueofadollar.net - Get free debt help