Author Topic: Full and final help  (Read 937 times)

agentfridge

Full and final help
« on: Jul 05, 2010, 10:45:33 PM »
  • Hi,

I have 2 long term debts currently with the same Debt recovery company (Lovells). The debts are about 4 years old. They total about £3700 (1 of £2700 1 of £1000).  They are still sitting on my credit history and now I am starting to be a bit more responsible (did the classic ignore tactic and moved houses quite alot anyway so they did not ever catch me up) I want them gone off my credit report so I can start to get my self sorted.

My Credit report lists Lovells on it however I have requested from them proof that they own the debt.

My main question is seeing as there have never been any payments made on these debts and they are 4 years old how low should I make an offer for a F+F. I potentially can get about £2000 from a family member to help me out. What do you reckon they would accept on such a debt? 

2nd question...  I have been waiting months for the proof from them that they own the debt... however as it shows on my credit report what can I do if they do not show the proof to me? I want it gone off the report but equally I don't want to pay money to a company who do not actually own the debt and therefore wast the cash...

sorry if I babbled... its all very confusing :-)
    Thanks,

M               

• Steven Jackson

Re: Full and final help
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »
    Hi there agentfridge

Do you know if Lovells have actually bought the debt or are they simply collecting on behalf of the origional creditor? If you do not know or you think that they are simply a collector, then my suggestion is you get in contact with the original creditors. They will let you know who owns the debts now and who you should be speaking to.

Once you know for sure, I suggest you make an offer of around 40%-50% of the total outstanding debt. In my experiance if they should bite your hand off at 50%
    Debt Expert
    ivainformation.com