Author Topic: experian credit reports...  (Read 3578 times)

russovwick

experian credit reports...
« on: Jul 04, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
Hello there,

I need to get a credit report from experian to see what i can do about sorting my debts out from years gone by. Problem is i dont have a debit/credit card for them to verify my details with? What can i do?

Thanks 

madison85

Re: experian credit reports...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
contact them and and double check if there is any other way to offer as identification to view your credit rating.
also a debit card is a ba thing to get and a credit card is a good thing to help with your credit score, you just need to make sure when using it that you pay it off quickly and on time.

Steven Jackson

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
Hi russovwick

You can always call Experian and order your credit roport by phone. Give them a ring on 0844 481 8000 and explian that you do not have a debit or credit card. I am sure that they deal with these situations all the time so you shouldn't have a problem.

Let us know how you get on :)
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

russovwick

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »
Ok to anyone else thats in this situation follow this link fill out the form and send them a cheque for £2

http://www.experian.co.uk/downloads/consumer/cfa.pdf[/size]

I'll post the results when i get them and explain more about my problems.

Steven Jackson

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »
Thanks for that russovwick - very useful information

I would be interested to hear how long it takes to get your report through. Let us know.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

madison85

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »
it should be quick as the main 3 companies share the countries debt info so if one company has it and another requests it they have to give it them.
Experian and Equifax are basically the same company and Callcredit are run by people who use to work for Experian and Equifax (know someone who worked at callcredit)

Steven Jackson

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »
Yes, you should not have to wait long for your report russovwick.The credit reference agencies have to respond to you and send out a copy of your report within 7 days.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

madison85

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
are the big companies the best to use to get your credit report or is it worth trying the smaller companies because in the near future i am gonna need to check it but dont want to subscribe, i just want one copy

Steven Jackson

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »
Hi Madison85

If you want a copy of your file I wpould always go with either Experian or Equifax. You could also go with Callcredit but I would also get a copy from one of the others as well.

If you just want to see what is on the file, there is absolutely no reason to sign up for a monthly service. In my view this is a waste of money. Get the statutory paper copy of your file for £2 which each of the companies have to provide.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

madison85

« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
Hi Madison85

If you want a copy of your file I wpould always go with either Experian or Equifax. You could also go with Callcredit but I would also get a copy from one of the others as well.

If you just want to see what is on the file, there is absolutely no reason to sign up for a monthly service. In my view this is a waste of money. Get the statutory paper copy of your file for £2 which each of the companies have to provide.

if you approve Experian or Equifax then thats great, i was not sure but i will get one from them.
and if there was to be a mistake it would eb easy enough to take the issue with them if you have evidence as after all it is important?

Steven Jackson

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
There is no reason you shouldn't get a seperate copy of your file from each of the three companies and then compare them. I think it would be unlikely but it is possible that one might have recorded something that another has missed or one might have made a mistake which you can easily see by comparing it to the others. After all the total cost to get a copy from each of the 3 different companies would only be £6. :)
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

AshleyPark

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
Madison85,

As someone who has seen 1000s of credit reports from both Experian and Equifax i can confirm that there are differences. Some credit company's do not share their information with both companies.

russovwick,
How did you get on with the report?

Lee

Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa

Steven Jackson

« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
Interesting Lee

Any idea why there might be differences in the reports? Surely they are getting the same information fed through from the creditors at the same time?
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

AshleyPark

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »
No idea Steven!  ;D

But in a past life i used to underwrite loans for various companies and from time to time would have to conduct a check with both equifax and experian as different lenders worked would only accept one or the other and occasionally an extra item of credit would appear!

Lee
Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa

Steven Jackson

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »
Crazy!  :)  I have to say that is why I generally advise people to get a copy of their file from both Experian and Equifax. Given that they are only £2 a piece its definitely worth doing so they can make the comparison.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com