Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1220 times)

worriedmum

Help!
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:14:08 AM »
I dont really know where to start so sorry if I go on a bit! I have about £6000 of debt mostly old rent arrears and council tax. I am a single working mum of 3 and find it a nightmare to juggle money around. I have buried my head over all of this until 2 weeks ago when I came out of the shower at 7am to find 2 bailiffs in my hall...they took possession of my car, though fortunately my boss paid to get it back. I am a nervous wreck, I hate being at home waiting for someone to knock at my door, I am suffering really bad panic attacks and sometimes feel as though I am going to have a heart attack with all the stress. I have spoken to the council tax office yesterday but they said I will have to go into a one stop to sort this out though I am such a wreck I just dont know if I can do it! As for the rent arrears, I am getting letters regarding court at the moment and I know I need to do something but I just dont know how to deal with it all. I lost my dad a few years ago very suddenly, my grandparents died within 2 weeks of each other in August and my mum in Feb of this year so I dont really have any family support and no really good friends living by to help or talk to about all of this so any advice from here would be REALLY appreciated!

Steven Jackson

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »
Hello Worriedmum

I am sorry to hear about your situation which sounds like a nightmare.

I assume that you are still in rented accommodation? If so and given that your debt is less than £6000, I think the best solution for you could well be a debt relief order. Basically a debt relief order (DRO) is a procedure designed to help people who are really struggling with debt and have very little income or assets which would otherwise enable them to sort the problem out.

If you do a DRO, all of the £6000 of debt will be taken away from you and you will not have to worry about it any more. The only proviso is that your car must be worth less than £1000.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

mufundu

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2010, 08:49:50 PM »
Hey Worried Mum it seems the best solution for you is a debt relief order. I know this becuase i was in a similiar situation myself.
Bad Credit Loans Online
http://badcreditloansonlin

Steven Jackson

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2010, 12:53:46 PM »
Hello Worriedmum

How are you getting on? Did you have a look at the possibility of a debt relief order? If you need more information, by all means let us know and we will try to help.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com