Author Topic: Anyone tried reclaiming bank changes.  (Read 6446 times)

charlie

Anyone tried reclaiming bank changes.
« on: Jul 02, 2007, 12:23:22 PM »
There has been quite a bit of press about reclaiming bank charges. Has anyone successfully done it? I'm thinking of claiming back the few hundred I've paid over the years.

Chris

• Administrator
Re: Anyone tried reclaiming bank changes.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2007, 09:31:23 AM »
Not personally but I know of a few people who have done it successfully. In one case amounting to thousands!! So yes, go for it.

One problem you may encounter is they may well terminate your bank account meaning you'll have to switch to another bank.

dudedavis

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »
Yes, we have sucessfully reclaimed £6333.00 (which includes interest) from the Nationwide.  After a few knock back letters we went through a third party, these are called Rennaisance, they charge 25% of the amount claimed but they persued the claim where we wouldn't have done so! We thought that £4500 was better than nowt so to speak.

If you want their number let us know

bigjasey

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:55:59 PM »
reclaiming bank charges is on hold at the moment as there is a test case at the high court with the OFT, but i know of some companies also.

hoops11

« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »
Despite the test case, some banks have set up a dept to deal with bank charges claims. It is worth writing to your bank (I saw some letter templates on debts.org) who wil deal with it on a case by case basis.

Salvation

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
There's an important case today which could mean the game is back on...........I sent off my letters middle of last year so was too late,   have been caught up by the banks' delaying tactics through the courts.  I think I should have just used a company experienced in doing it and left all the hassle to them.   

Has anyone heard of a company who can get credit card debts completely written off,  without IVAs and all that stuff,  a friend of a friend got a £12K card just wiped!!!   Something to do with credit card companies not complying with the consumer credit act...????

NicoletteinDebt

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »
I have read a lot in the news that people have been having a lot of success reclaiming banking fees. If you want to read about them they're on bbc also here is something about how to actually go about it. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bankcharges
also to make sure that these are unfair fees you can take a look here
http://uk.moneto.eu/investment/current-accounts/limits-fees-charges/
Also here are some people that have had successful reclaims if you need some motivation  ;D
http://unfairbankcharges.org.uk/Bank_Charges/News/Unfair_Bank_Charges_Investigation_Becomes_%27Formal%27/
I would say you should definitly go for it because the banks are ridiculous with their unfair charges and fees. Don't hesitate!

Good luck   O0

Salvation

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
Hey,  got an email telling me the post was updated (by Nicolette) so thought I would update for anyone interested. I looked more into getting credit card debts eliminated and found a video about it on BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6450000/newsid_6454700/6454735.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm#

I also found 3 companies doing it,  one charges £495 (Creditclear) another charges £295 (ratio money or something like that).......However the one i have gone with is moneylineservices.org as they only charge £35 up front,  which makes me think they are confident of winning rather than charging a fortune up front,  and then telling you they failed!!  They also have proof of success on their site.....

Anyway good luck all!!!!!