Author Topic: Money is doing my head in!!!  (Read 4299 times)

giggle44

Money is doing my head in!!!
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »
It all started 2 years ago, I had everything going for me a family, lovely house and a loving husband. This lovely life soon ended when I found out my husband was having an affair. I couldnt cope I turned to spending my time in arcades while the children were in school and when they were home I turned to the computer. Once I started I couldnt stop the more I would loose the more I would spend to try and win back what I had lost and when I would win I would spend that aswell. When I am dooing it I get such a buzz when Im winning and then when Im loosing I get so anxious I then I spend more, its spiralling out of control.

Sovereign

Re: Money is doing my head in!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
Hi Giggle,

How much trouble are you in?  ???

Steve
Sovereign Consulting

L-E-E

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
Hi Giggle,

If you share some more information on your situation then i am sure someone on here will be able to help you

Lee

giggle44

Which is the right path?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
Hi guys, Sorry i havent been on here for a while.  I ahd to take some time out things got too much.  My parents are looking after the children for a short while just until I get back on the right path, whatever the right path is.  My debt mounts up to £30,000 which is overdrafts, credit cards, loans etc.  This is rising because I am still gambling I just dont know how to stop.

Steven Jackson

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »
Hi Giggle

I can't give you much advice about your gambling other than you really should try to stop. Have you contacted your local CAB? I am sure that they would put you in touch with some local support. Alternatively have a look at this site which might be a bit of a help: http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/

In terms of your debt, if you want to try and resolve it there are basically three ways: a debt management plan, individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) or bankruptcy. How much do you think you might be able to pay back each month? Are you a home owner? If you can give a little more information, I will be happy to advise further.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

AshleyPark

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
Hi Giggle,

The three ways that Steven mentioned would sound your best options from what you have mentioned so far.

A quick search of the net will provide you with plenty of companies who can offer you some free debt advice.

I would recommend always speaking to at least two companies and be wary of any company who wants to charge you any up front fees or shy away from disclosing what fees they will charge.  There are also companies who are backed by charities such as cccs.

If you have any questions before committing to a company please feel free to ask!

Lee
Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa

Sovereign

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »
Hi Giggle,

It seems to me that your priority is to stop the gambling addiction and then to look closely at your eventual debt after that. This forum is not really going to help you with your gambling. Talk to your doctor or take some professional counselling as soon as you can.

Best wishes,

Steve
Sovereign Consulting

giggle44

anyone else in the same boat?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »
Thank guys for your kind advice.  I am starting a gambling addiction group tonight, im really worried i feel really silly going.  I am going to go to the Cab on monday, Ill let you know what they say....
I fel so ashamd that I am in debt is there anyone else in the same boat?

desperate dan

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »
hi giggle
i have read your post with intrest and have signed up to this debt forum straight away. this is my story. my wife and i havn't been getting on for some time now. we have 2 wonderfull little children. i worked all the hours god sends to pay for the mortgage bills house keeping etc etc ( wife is stay at home mum ) any way, i too started gambling back in may of last year on the machines in the bookies. i was simply trying too win to pay back debt got hooked and blew about 10 k which pushed the debt upto close to 40 k. i was a wreck, so back in jan 2010 i told my wife about the gambling and i need her help. big mistake she and her family blew me out the water turned thier back on me , my wife told me she didn't love me and wants too seperate was there any real love thier in the first place... i think not. you have an illness it is called cumpulsive gambling some say it is worse than alcohol or drug addition. it is hard too stop you must seek help from g a. as regards the debt it all depends if you have any assetts or not but don't worry if you have. i wrote to all my creditors explaing marriage break up etc after months of shying away from the problem asked them all to freeze intrest charges most of them have and i pay approx £120 per month and had to show an income and exp sheet this at the moment will be a life of debt mang plan, but if i need to sell the house and have nothing to protect i shall go bankrupt press the reset and start again. but before you enter into any agreement you must  must stop gambling before you loose yourself take care  ;)

Steven Jackson

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 10:19:27 AM »
This is really good advice from Desperate Dan. The key thing is to stop gambling. If you can get that problem under control, sorting out the debts will seem easy in comparison. Good luck with G A and the CAB Giggle.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

giggle44

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »
Thanks desparate dan its a nice feeling there are other people out there have made mistakes like me.  I am glad you are getting back on your feet.  I went to my group on Monday and again it was a nice feeling that there are other people the same as me you dont feel so silly talking to people that have messed up like you.  I am going to the doctors today to see if they can give me something to help me control my anxiety, my dad said that might help you calm down the gambling.  I am also going to see the cab on friday to help with my money troubles I havent got a clue what they are gooing to say....

Steven Jackson

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »
Its great news that you are starting to get help Giggle44

Given that you have debts of about £30,000 I expect the CAB will talk to you about a debt management plan (DMP) or an IVA. The best solution for you will really depend on how much (if anything) you can repay to your creditors and whether you are a home owner.

Both of a DMP and IVA will reduce the amounts you have to pay to a much more affordable amount. The debt management plan is a very flexible solution and you can start one with a small monthly payment. However, the downside is that 100% of your debt has to be repaid. The IVA will probably require payments of £250 a month but it would allow some of your debt to be written off and you to be debt free in 5 years.

Let us know how you get on with the CAB.
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

mufundu

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »
if you stopped the gambling i think it would really help you out.
try visiting http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/
Bad Credit Loans Online
http://badcreditloansonlin

Steven Jackson

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »
If you have a read through the whole of this threat, you will see that this is exactly what Giggle44 is doing mufundu.

How are you getting on Giggle44 - How did it go when you went to see the CAB?
Debt Expert
ivainformation.com

muncher

« Reply #14 on: Jul 02, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »

Hi Giggle

Guess the first thing is how are you going to stop it?..No one can decide it for you regarding to this matter but only yourself. There is so much help out there that you can go to ask help. Your not the only one.

Regarding to your finance it is about time to rearrange what comes first and last tot he list. Agencies and other companies were there really meant to help and engage you to the right track. Go for it. :)

muncher

http://badcreditloansonline.org/