Author Topic: losing the will to live  (Read 6123 times)

helen80

losing the will to live
« on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:20:13 PM »
I got into debt a couple of years ago. Due to family illness, etc, I decided to buy a franchise to give me flexibility in my working life. Unfortunately, I borrowed against my house, and the franchise was totally useless and unviable. I worked hard, but to no avail The income projected was not so, I took a part time job to supplement , but was laid off from this also too.
I was borrowing on credit cards to supplement my income, because I had a good credit rating.
Eventually, I couldn't keep up with the mortgage and loans secured, I went to court and suspended the repossesion order and agreed to pay so much towards arrears. This worked fine, I found an evening cleaning job, I also found a full time cleaning job.. then my mortgage discout ran out.. because of my arrears, I could not find an alternative mortgage, because of the above I had to sell my house to a quick buy firm, losing all my equity, I also took out an IVA in desperation,
I'm getting on my feet again,I work for six days a week, 2 jobs,  I have owned my own property since the age of 21, I just had one rotten year,  now I'm 43 and feel like I'm on the scrap heap. I have had one horrific year, because of a bad business decision.
My lovely partner of 7 years has stood by me and helped me. (his credit score is good )However, we felt that we would like to move out of the town, and start again. We viewed a rental property and decided to go for it, but with an IVA they told me that we have to pay six months in advance.. Our income is such that we can afford the rent easily but we haven't got the savings for this amount.
Am I the only one who feels that I am kicked while I'm down ?

cuteadder

Re: losing the will to live
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
Thats how money and credit work...

It's a kick in the teeth, but I can tell you, as long as you plan it and don't turn your back on it, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just keep going...

You'll get there :)

Salvation

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »
Your post really saddened me.   Money doesn't buy happiness but it sure gets rid of a lot of worries and uncertainty.   Wish you good luck and sorry I can't help you.

NicoletteinDebt

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »
That is a terrible story! I am so sorry to hear about your predicament!  :(  Have you tried looking at different places to see if some would be a bit more lax on your IVA situation?  One good thing though to look forward too I believe that the IVA goes off of your credit history after 6 years.  I know that sounds like a long time, but then you won't have to worry about it anymore.  They definately do like kicking people when they are down.  :-\

honour

« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
Sorry to hear what you are going through but please never lose the will to live no debt or situation  is worth that Good luck
Kate Judge
 My debt experience and how I got my lif

wjtrader

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
If you keep up the hard work it can solve alot of problems

wrightey

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2009, 01:30:12 PM »
My heart goes out to you.  You sound lika a hard working person that really tries, just keep going and things will turn around for you soon I'm sure.  Good luck!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2009, 11:47:06 AM »
Keep your head up high, you are obviously a very hard working person. Stay positive you will get there in the end.
Sell House