Author Topic: 2nd time round ??  (Read 1653 times)

big steve 777

2nd time round ??
« on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »
hi all ! im contemplating going bankrupt for the 2nd time in 6 years  :-\ ,not an easy decision ,but due to loss of job i might have to .
my questions are : will it be harder for me this time round ? and in the future will this hinder me going self employed ?

many thanks steve

bankruptcy.co.uk

Re: 2nd time round ??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
Hello Steve.

hi all ! im contemplating going bankrupt for the 2nd time in 6 years  :-\ ,not an easy decision ,but due to loss of job i might have to .

1) You cannot kick yourself over the past... You can only look to the future. If you would be financially, logically and emotionally better off in bankruptcy, then it is your decision to do so. My advice is look to the future!!!

1) There is a chance that if you repeatedly go bankrupt you can be placed into a bankruptcy restriction order. You should be able to explain what has caused this problem for you, and why you have had to look at bankruptcy. If you can explain this sufficiently and have not been accused of anything deceitful within your business you should not have much of a problem.
2) As long as you have your name in the name of the company i.e Raph Gilbert Bricklaying, then you should not have a problem remaining as a sole trader and going bankrupt.

Best of luck!

Raphael Gilbert
Raphael Gilbert
Head of Insolvency Divison www.ban