Author Topic: whats the best way to manage your money?  (Read 3953 times)

legs

whats the best way to manage your money?
« on: Jun 23, 2007, 07:43:39 PM »
You know budgetting & stuff. any tips?
:)

Chris

• Administrator
Re: whats the best way to manage your money?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
Welcome, legs.

A good tip is to only deal with cash rather than cards and cheques. It gives you a much greater sense of the value of things if you are counting out the notes rather than just swiping your card. And it makes you think twice about buying things you don't need. It's a bit of a pain sometimes because you have to go to the cash point more often and it is more inconvenient than just handing over your card...but it definitely helps.

legs

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2007, 11:07:11 PM »
good idea chris. one drawback though is the risk of mugging if you are carrying wads and wads of cash.
:)

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »
True, but if you are carrying that much cash might you be more tempted to spend it? If you are serious about cutting down on your spending I'd say carry as little cash as possible so you have to make the effort to go to the cash machine if you really must buy something.

charlie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »
Using a spreadsheet (Excel) to help with budgeting is very useful and you can easily make modifications, and calculate things such as if I cut down so much on this it will take me x weeks to afford that.

Charlie.

dobbie

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:53:03 AM »
best way to manage money is buy budgeting and most importantly, following your budget.  Spend for useful things and save even a little amount... :)