Author Topic: do i still owe them?  (Read 1539 times)

crankiboy82

do i still owe them?
« on: Apr 11, 2010, 12:24:52 AM »
hi, iv got a debt from 23.10.01 that defaulted 14.07.05, on the c2 section of my experian credit report and also has status history 8 and file updated for the period to 02.09.07 written underneath.........

can anyone tell me when this wont show on my report any longer?
its from an account i opened with kwik fit prob 10 yrs ago
i get that il need to build the score up with more credit etc its just the mark im bothered about just now

any help would be appreciated...

adria82

Re: do i still owe them?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
My friend, i would ask you to take the help of your banker, as he is the best person who can suggest you the correct situation. I dont know from which country you are from and also what are the rules of your credit card. Many a times banks keep some hidden cost involved which we cannot recognize.

Thanks

Sovereign

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2010, 01:02:37 PM »
Hi Cranki,

In a nutshell you still owe them. You could try to negotiate a new payment plan with them. This will then show on your credit report and provided that you stick to the plan will show as '0' on your credit file. You cannot erase the previous entries but after six months or so your credit score should improve. Dont be tempted to take an expensive high interest loan to clear it. The plan that you make with the original creditor could be interest free!

Hope that this helps.
Sovereign Consulting

AshleyPark

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
Hi crankiboy82 

It tends to be that a debt is written off after 6 years. But for example if you were to change address without informing the creditor this may not be the case.

Be careful with taking credit out to improve your credit score, Always ensure companies only conduct a credit search with your authority and just because you have a few missed payments does not mean you should have to pay any kind of "set up" fee.

Lee
Ashley Park Debt Solutions Ltd
 http://www.ashleypa