Author Topic: Welcome finance agreement  (Read 4099 times)

Shuffler

Welcome finance agreement
« on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »
Welcome finance are taking me to court in three weeks over an unpaid loan . The agreement isnt signed in the correct place , not dated by myself nor does it have a reference number on it to connect it with anything else . Anyone have any ideas if its enforceable . The agreement is 2008 , but surely if the box where it says i agree to be bound by th terms and conditions etc is unsigned then the agreement is useless?

bankruptcy.co.uk

Re: Welcome finance agreement
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »
Sounds like you have a winning argument to me!!! I hope you won the case!
Raphael Gilbert
Head of Insolvency Divison www.ban

Shuffler

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
Still fighting this one , judge agreed to let me apply for setaside which is a good sign , pretty difficult to get answers from northern ireland court service , eventually found the forms i need , due in court again on tues but will be seeking an adjournment , on the grounds that the court service were either too slow or failed to respond to my queries.

getitbackreclaim

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »
you should be ok here, have seen a couple of acses where they have been written off because of eagerness to sign up and no checking of details

Shuffler

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »
Alls not good though , the court service have a different system in northern Ireland ,I knew nothing about the ccj going through , until it was too late , they then tried for a charging order, i appealed against that and told the judge that i believed i had a case and could defend myself. He granted me three weeks to prepare a case , which i did, He then told me to apply for a setaside, obviously he believed my defence had merit. Now this is where i hit a wall , unlike England you cant download the forms for a setaside, and nor do they think us mere mortals are capable of defending ourselves, Any member of the court service i have spoken to , tells me i need a solicitor and the fee is £115 for the setaside , unfortunately i cant afford a solicitor nor £115 for the forms . The law is only for people with money it seems.

getitbackreclaim

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:08:39 AM »
Hi ok, I will check some contacts about N.Ireland and the system, there must be a provision for poeple with no money and in your situation...let me see what I can find