Author Topic: yourdebtmatters.com past experiances anyone?  (Read 2841 times)

richardclarke

yourdebtmatters.com past experiances anyone?
« on: Aug 27, 2007, 12:53:39 PM »
I am currently thinking about signing up on a DMP with yourdebtmatters.com, has anyone had an experiance with them before?

Thanks
Richard

bigjasey

Re: yourdebtmatters.com past experiances anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
not had much experience with them but i have been on a few DM plans. i am currently on with a company called Ashley Park Debt Solutions and they have been excellent, the best so far for me. ;D

DayDay

Re: yourdebtmatters.com past experiances anyone?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
In 2003 l defaulted a Abbey National student account (£4400). This account was then sold to Mackenzie Hall. On my credit files Abbey National has defaulted the account and written that l have gone away from the address that account was registered to. I also noticed that on the 13/03/2008 Mackenzie Hall carried out a search on my credit file without my permission, lm sure this is how they got hold of my new address. 5 years later (14 March 2008) Mackenznie Hall has now written to me stating that they have been attemping to contact myself regarding a personal matter and have asked me to contact them immediately. I have never made contact with Mackenzie. They went on to state in their letter that they have a reason to believe that l now reside at my present address and if however l am not the person their looking for, if l could provide information of the whereabouts of the person they are looking they will be grateful.

Do you think they have finally caught up with me or they are trying to findout if its really me?
Should l ignore the letter and see how futher they will take it?
As it was a student account am l still liable for any payments?

Is there anyway l could avoid paying this debt?