Author Topic: Help...I'm scared!  (Read 1921 times)

banjo

Help...I'm scared!
« on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:31:16 PM »
I owe £43k and am so so depressed and scared! I had written a long piece and then pressed spell check and it disapeared. I can't write it all out again!  :-[  Has anyone got experience of IVA and/or bankrupcy! When I say experience, I don't mean professional experience (I've had advice and know my options), I mean personal experience. What impact did it have on your life, and what did it mean to you? I would love to hear from you because I'm really scared!

PS... I'm not going to spell check, so forgive the spelling, and If I had an ounce of christmas spirit about me I'd wish you a merry christmas, but I don't so can we not go there!

Cheers

getitbackreclaim

Re: Help...I'm scared!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
Ok, first of all, do not worry. A breakdown of how your debt has been totalled would help, as there are certain plans tailored to where it has been made up that warrent either IVA or bankruptcy. The latter has somewhat lost teh stigma attached with it, and is not that much of a painful process. Of course the implications do impact on certain areas, the obvious being able to get credit. However, the actual process is simple and was a huge relief, so your whole life seems more manageable and a path for the future easier to see..

jcd01

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:46:22 AM »
Yes, same as the last poster. Please don't worry. There have been people with more debt than you who have come out successfully at the other side. The main thing is that you act on that debt instead of letting it get worse. The fact that you have posted on this forum shows that you are acting on it - so don't worry. You are already on the road to financial recovery!  :)

Debt_Solver

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »
Yeah, its best not to be afraid..you know you have a problem and you are taking action to get it solved. I hope you find people with similar circumstances and chat to them about their individual experiences, but also read more about the options you plan to take...knowledge is power

Debt advice and solutions tailored to your individ

bankruptcy.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2010, 12:41:42 PM »
Hello Banjo.

As you are not asking for advice about your situation but advice about the emotional repercussions, there is not much I can say to help you.

I agree however that understanding full knowledge of the problem and its solutions is the only way to remove the fear. You have obviously not been given advice that has taken care of your emotional problems with the solutions which in my opinion is the first thing a debt advisor should cover.

My advice, call the insolvency service or visit your CAB. As these companies are impartial at least you know you are getting impartial advice.

Best of luck.
Raphael Gilbert
Head of Insolvency Divison www.ban