Author Topic: bankruptcy one month on  (Read 2397 times)

bankruptcy one month on
« on: Dec 26, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »
hello,many thanks for advice and support,have taken the plunge and phone calls have dried up except bank of scotland who insist on hassling me with a phone call once a week and have sent me a card(i think as a special christmas one) advising me that one of their representatives will visit me on 30 december unless i phone one of their premium rate numbers.
i suppose they must be a bit upset about the money they lost.i have decided not to phone them because it is a waste of money and will gladly advise their timewaster that it is a lgeal requirement that all my affairs are conducted through the official receiver.
i thought i would post this to help support anyone going through bankruptcy.
it gets better with time and is a great relief.
many thanks
hope you all had merry christmas(i did,so did my family).
happy new year 2009.

Re: bankruptcy one month on
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »
Egg Credit card sent me a horrible letter basically letting me know that I wasn't off the hook. They said will make sure they contact every credit agency to warn them about me and will get back ever last penny that I owe them. They also "reserve the right" to [** sorry, no personal contact invitations allowed **] when and where they see fit.

I reserve the right to replace the handset if they do call me.

Re: bankruptcy one month on
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »
Hi Micawber...
Firstly I am glad to hear of your positive experience from going bankrupt. I'm also glad to hear that with time it is getting better for you.

It frustrates me greatly to hear about RBS and Egg.
1) Send the letter from Egg to your OR. It is a threatening letter and in my mind I deem it as harassment under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice act. Linked with the Harassment Act 1977, this is deemed as a criminal offence and needs some serious attention. I do not like thinking that my clients are receiving letters such as this. It achieves NOTHING positive other than scaremongering. ALSO, reserving the right to contact you at any time is ALSO breaking Section 40. I just feel that that letter needs the OR to look at.. he should in theory have a field day. Other than that.. And I am not joking, take it to the police mentioning the acts I have discussed. They could take action.
2) If the RBS is contacting you still, speak to the OR it is his obligation to stop the harassment.
Bankruptcy was designed to protect you from this, utilise the OR as your guardian. He is there to help you.
Best of luck and I am so glad that you are now debt free.
Raphael Gilbert
Raphael Gilbert
Head of Insolvency Divison www.ban