Author Topic: Please Help - Baillifs Coming!!!  (Read 1427 times)

chelseap

Please Help - Baillifs Coming!!!
« on: Sep 10, 2009, 03:09:36 PM »
Hi All,

4 months ago i purchased a Netbook from Carphone Warehouse basically you got the laptop 'free' when purchasing the internet which was on T-Mobile through a dongle at a cost of £24pcm. The internet signal was rubbish in our area and after many attempts to get this sorted with T-Mobile (they sent us a new dongle and collected ours to test it was working) they told us that carphone Warehouse knew that the T-Mobile internet woudl not work in our area so they should take it back and cancel the contract or if I choose to cancel the contract myself with T-Mobile I would have to pay £760. To cut a long story short we refused to pay for the internet until this matter was sorted or the contract was canceled. I haven't paid for the last 2 months as I am in contact with Carphone Warehouse complains team but 10 days ago I recieved a letter from BCW debt collectors saying I had to pay them the outstanding £60ish i explained the situation to them and they said they would freeze the account but now today I have recieved another letter from them saying that a baillif will be out to get the debt in the next 7 days!!!! I have called them again but they have said there is nothing they can do as I can't afford to pay the £60 untill next month so it's either court or baillifs!!! What do I do, what are my rights???

Sorry i know its a bit of a mess but I hope you understand and hope someone can help.

Thanks

Chelsea[/color]

Debtwitch

Re: Please Help - Baillifs Coming!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Hi Chelsea

You are in dispute about the goods sold.  Contact Carphone Warehouse again to discuss returning the Notebook and resolving the issue and make a note of the telephone conversation, name, ref and contact number for the person and a date for their response - you should not be required to pay until an agreement has been reached which I expect will result in there being nothing left to pay.

If the bailiff does turn up, explain the dispute, give them the contact details of the person you have been speaking to at CW.

Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager  e: [email protected]