Author Topic: This may be a strange situation advice appreciated  (Read 1089 times)

Dannny

This may be a strange situation advice appreciated
« on: Jul 13, 2009, 06:11:48 PM »
Hello All!

I am in a strange situation I owe some loans out and a few other debts but as no one has been able to [** sorry, no personal contact invitations allowed **] (debt collectors companys etc) for at least 3 years i no longer know who i owe money to as it will of been passed on.  How can I find out what I owe and to whom?

I had originally

12000 loan hsbc
2340 loan to halifax
and 400 overdraft to lloyds tsb

Thanks in advance

FinanceActionMan

Re: This may be a strange situation advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »
Have you still got all of the account numbers? If not you can go about this two ways. Either look on experian and get a copy of your credit report or ring up the people in question. Have you moved without letting the companies know? This could be deemed an offence. By telling them your new address it will mean you then will get a lot of "fan mail" from the debt collection agencies but you will have to pay these debts off at some stage. Are you in a position to be able to afford the debts now? With loans over 5k if you had payment protection insurance with it originally then you may have cause for a claim to get the debt written off. You may also need to consolidate the debts you have in to an affordable monthly payment. All things to think about. Don't hesitate to post back I have many years experience and will help give some advice if i can.
Finance ActionMan
CHECK WEBSITE FOR ADVICE www.def