Author Topic: Experian credit report  (Read 1911 times)

carlins_leap

Experian credit report
« on: Jun 28, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could give me advice on credit reports.
I was thinking of applying for the free 30 day trial to use/see my experian credit report - but im a little anxious as I dont want anyone else to be able to see it.

Obviously I know it exists, but if I fill out the application form - with my address and bank details etc, will this information then be available to anyone who wants to see it?

I'm unsure if I have a couple of outstanding debts - I want to be able to sort them all out, but I don't to suddenly begin receiving lots of letters as a result of applying for this free service.
Will the report (as it is no) have my address on it already?
Will all the information i add to the application become free to anyone who wishes to look at it?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

weddings

Re: Experian credit report
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »
Any creditor can apply for a copy of your credit report when you apply for a loan or credit card. When you say anyone, no not quite anyone, just companies you wish to borrow money from. As for whether your current address being on the credit report, i think it unlikely unless you have applied for credit while at your address, then there is a chance it may be on there.

If you have some creditors who are trying to track you, yes they may find you as a result of requesting a credit report but then if you want to sort those debts out anyway, I suggest you contact them first and negotiate repayments.
Weddings

gibraltar

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2009, 07:45:28 PM »
If you don't check your credit report there could be some entries on there that do not relate to you so your credit rating will be even worse than you expect. Bite the bullet and get your report is my advice.

browse4all

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
Hi There,

For someone else to request a credit note (Besides Employer) is a criminal Offence.

There are strict rules on Credit Reports but its advisable to use EXperian.

Regards
Browse4