Author Topic: £3000 worth of Debt  (Read 2458 times)

smiller15

£3000 worth of Debt
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
Hi
Im 19 Currently unemployed i went to university and i left after a few months so now i owe the student loan company £2000 and they have sent me a letter a final demand letter for this amount but i do not have this amount and they are threatning court proceddings but i only get £50 a week and £30 goes towards living costs.

i also owe £1200 to my old flat that i was renting and they are wanting the money aswell but i cannot afford that either,

im wondering what i can do?

is there anywere that would give me a loan taking into account i am unemployed living with parents and have bad credit :S

any replies would b welcome thank you

wrightey

Re: £3000 worth of Debt
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »
Hi

It's unlikely that you will get a loan given your circumstances.  You could try contacting each party and explaining the situation - you can't pay what you don't have - or have a debt management company do it for you to take away the hassle.

Tom

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »
Hi,
I agree i dont think you would get a loan, but from what i have read you might want to look into a DRO, it is similar to bankruptcy but available to those with no assets and only costs 90 quid..
Check out the cccs website they have more info on it - thats where I went.  From other things I have read national debtline have no waiting list either.
I am just trying to get funds together myself for one

doorsandwindows

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »
Even if they take you to court, the court will assess your situation which is obvioulsy weak at present, so don't be worried by that. The court will likely arrange an agreement for you and the loan company. As for the other debt, a token payment may help with negotiations.
Doors and W

Holidaymaker67

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
Hi
Im 19 Currently unemployed i went to university and i left after a few months so now i owe the student loan company £2000 and they have sent me a letter a final demand letter for this amount but i do not have this amount and they are threatning court proceddings but i only get £50 a week and £30 goes towards living costs.

i also owe £1200 to my old flat that i was renting and they are wanting the money aswell but i cannot afford that either,

im wondering what i can do?

is there anywere that would give me a loan taking into account i am unemployed living with parents and have bad credit :S

any replies would b welcome thank you

What exactly are you doing with your free time? You should easily be able to make money to pay back these debts. If you have access to a computer you can even write copy for companies for very little but writing enough copy will give you a lot more money than you're currently making. There are lots of ways to make money rightnow and you should be putting some effort into that.

Regarding your debt if you explain the situation to the companies who are after you they should/will try to find you a solution. You can even call them up and ask if you can do some work for them. Worst case you can ask people for money (sucky but you'd be surprised how much you can make).