Author Topic: house reposession  (Read 2299 times)

paula

house reposession
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:12:24 AM »
ihave had a suspended repoorde on my home wich was about two yearsagothen they wrote my arrearsinto my mortgage unfortunatlly my husbands hours where drasticallycut and i was cut down to 8 a wee my arrears stand at4000  we have made some payments in the last threemnths all the contracted and a bit extra as well today i have recived a letter from the solicater saying they have applied fro a eviction date and i shouldhear soon does anybody now my next move  pleasehelp.

michaeltop

Re: house reposession
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:38:58 AM »
ihave had a suspended repoorde on my home wich was about two yearsagothen they wrote my arrearsinto my mortgage unfortunatlly my husbands hours where drasticallycut and i was cut down to 8 a wee my arrears stand at4000  we have made some payments in the last threemnths all the contracted and a bit extra as well today i have recived a letter from the solicater saying they have applied fro a eviction date and i shouldhear soon does anybody now my next move  pleasehelp.

Hi Paula , are you paying any other debts other than your mortgage that are preventing you from making payments to your Mortgage ??

paula

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
i pay two hundred a month to ge and bits and bobs to other small credit commitments my monthly mortgage payment i 700 so i have paid 50 of the arrears every month

michaeltop

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 12:31:26 AM »
i pay two hundred a month to ge and bits and bobs to other small credit commitments my monthly mortgage payment i 700 so i have paid 50 of the arrears every month
Paula , you could put your small 200per month commitments on a debt management plan and possibly free up an extra 100 per month - this could be used to reduce the arrears further on your mortgage and show the mortgage company that you are serious about getting back on track, Regards Michael

FinanceActionMan

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
Hi,
Its all well and good minimising your unsecured debts but I think you will agree the challenge you want to concentrate on is to stop the repossession. I hope this information isn't coming to late for you. If you have an eviction date the only way you will be able to stop it (if you can't afford the full arrears amount) is to get an emergency hearing at your local court. You will have to fill out an N244 form and on the court date you will have to plead your case to the judge so he can suspend the order. If you are in a position now where you can afford your mortgage and a little bit extra to clear your arrears then you should be able to get things sorted. Obviously preparation is the key here. You may be best off getting representation at court too.
Finance ActionMan
CHECK WEBSITE FOR ADVICE www.def