Author Topic: settliment payments help  (Read 1570 times)

chrisw

settliment payments help
« on: Apr 28, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
hi all rite without goin into to much deltail im in 15k worth of debt afta a breakup. Im on a debt managment plan but there rippin me off so i dropin that. Iv moved bk to my mums for a while to get my outgoings down and should have 600-700 spare each month, the debts are

loan £7200
credit card £2000
overdraft £2500
Electric bill £400
2 contract phones £800
loan £800
cataloge £445
my question is i wanna deal diectly with them and settle asap with them can i ask for a reduction in the debts if i pay the off at 600 a month is how much would i get them reduced by?

michaeltop

Re: settliment payments help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »
hi all rite without goin into to much deltail im in 15k worth of debt afta a breakup. Im on a debt managment plan but there rippin me off so i dropin that. Iv moved bk to my mums for a while to get my outgoings down and should have 600-700 spare each month, the debts are

loan £7200
credit card £2000
overdraft £2500
Electric bill £400
2 contract phones £800
loan £800
cataloge £445
my question is i wanna deal diectly with them and settle asap with them can i ask for a reduction in the debts if i pay the off at 600 a month is how much would i get them reduced by?

Hi Chris , quick question - how do you think the debt management company are ripping you off ? what are the figures and who is the company ?

bdavis

Re: settliment payments help
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »
Hi

I suggest you try and handle negotiations yourself but how much you can save is really down to the creditor. Take each loan independently and try to get the best deal you can - remember it may not necessarilly mean you want the lowest monthly payment, afterall you do need to clear this debt. Then once you have tried to neg with all creditors you will see how much you can save.