Author Topic: Hi Guys ... HELP....  (Read 1836 times)


  • *
  • Posts: 1
Hi Guys ... HELP....
« on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:39:55 PM »
Need advice. Partner has 11K unsecured credit card debt which we are disputing via the copy of signed CCA route - currently paying £5.00 voluntarily as disputed debt.I owe benefits agency  approx 3K in overpayment. we own house ( cheap) no mortgage, & cannot afford payments required What route should we choose? Bankruptcy ( one opr both) IVA etc? What are options open to us this is really causing grief.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Hi Guys ... HELP....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2009, 02:46:37 PM »
Hi benjibutton

The best course of action depends upon your disposable income.  If you have over £100 to spare after all outgoings then an IVA may allow you to have a large proportion of your unsecured debt written off.  This could include your credit card debt but not benefit overpayments.  I would advise applying for an IVA which will enable a trained debt advisor to take over your case and advise on the best route.