Author Topic: Loan dilemma, help?  (Read 4299 times)

Silverscreen

Loan dilemma, help?
« on: Nov 20, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »
I have recently decided to consolidate all my debts using a loan.
I went to ukloanhunter. co. uk and gave all my details over the phone.  They have now come back to me and said i've been accepted in principle for a loan of £10k by Welcome Finance.

I have heard some really bad things about them and that they are horrendous lenders.  Is it possible for anyone to give me advise on how I should approach this? Is there any other way for me to get a cheap loan on a low credit rating?

I have joined Experian to get my credit rating report, but they are currently updating my details so i'm unable to see my report as of yet.

Any Help would be appreciated.  Many Thanks.

joerzoe

Re: Loan dilemma, help?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »
Erm I also in the dilemma for the same situation. Anybody can advice us.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »
I was also approved in principle for a loan by Welcome, lady on the phone told me I can have a loan of £15000 but in reality, they were only going to give me £950 with 36% interest and wanted to charge me an extra £50 just for taking a loan with them, needless to say I turned them down.
Total level of debt £16719. 88
 Currently working o

Penny Loan

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »
Have a look at Which?money or Martin Lewis' moneysavingexpert.  Both give great impartial advice and recomendations.

Good luck!

jimmyt123

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2008, 10:52:49 PM »
try looking at the claims proccess of unenforceable contracts, could actually get your whole loan or finance written off!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
Shopping around has never been more important, so I am assuming you have already done a fair amount of this. You should also try and negotiate with that lender for a better deal and if you have shopped around you can tell them what the competition is offering. Sounds like sky high interest for a debt consolidation loan

Free debt advice and debt consolidation loans
http

wjtrader

« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »
The best thing to do when ever considering a loan is to take your time and have a good shop around. A loan is an important decision and shouldn't be rushed. Check up articles on the loan companies and give them a search on google too.

Hope this helps :)

othellahughes

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2009, 07:43:19 AM »
First off, go through your credit union, you will get a better rate than if you go through the dealership. You can even get pre-approved.