Author Topic: Help and advice wanted please  (Read 1137 times)

mrbeef

Help and advice wanted please
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »
Hi all
Newbie here.
I have been paying my debts through CCCS for the last 4 years I thought I had come to the end and had 1 more payment to make at the end of next month then debt free at last.
I decided to ring creditors to find if thier end balances tallied with CCCS's as there was only 2 left. The first one was about £80 more which is fair enough.
I then rang Barclaycard, my CCCS statement showed £40 and the person at the other end of the phone told me it was £1084. I laughed at them and told them they had made a mistake as my CCCS statement showed £40. I was stunned when the person said that I did not cancel the payment protection and that is why the debt has gone up. My original balance was £900.
I have never received a statement from Visa since CCCS took over otherwise I would have realised and cancelled it. In fact I am not 100% sure that I had payment protection, as for the last 2 years I have been unable to work through illness.
My sunshine day has been replaced by black clouds.
Can someone give me any advice or help as to wether there is anything I can do or do I just have to pay it.
Thanks in advance
 >:(