Author Topic: Please help!!!! Advice needed urgent  (Read 1663 times)

leepy

Please help!!!! Advice needed urgent
« on: Jan 16, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
Hello

I am new to forum. I need some advice as I am getting mixed messages from other people. I am in debt to the tune of 50K (all unsecured) I do not own a property or have any assets although I do work. I failed an IVA about 15 months ago and only a couple of the creditors have been in touch, one of which accepted a payment of £5.00 per month on a £5000 debt. Will this bad debt be on my file for ever???? as it will never get paid off. Also I have met a new partner and she wants me to move in with her, she owns her own house and hates debt but I have told her about mine. I want everything above board so the correct people know i live their. Will my creditors hassle her. We may also marry next year. Someone has told me that i will build up beneficial interest in the house and my creditors can make me bankrupt and sell the house??? Seems very unfair and i cant let this happen. Serious advice needed from people who know please

Many thanks

gordonblair81

Re: Please help!!!! Advice needed urgent
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:11:21 AM »
Hi Leepy

What did your IVA fail on ? you could still look at trying the IVA again, in regards too the house it is not in your name so has nothing to do with you however if you enter into an IVA which probably seems your best option then the house would not be affected providing you keep your name off the house - you will need to be careful though if you do the IVA and are planning on getting married you will not be able to gain any credit to pay for the wedding etc

hope this helps

Gordon Blair