Author Topic: discharged from bankruptcy?  (Read 2376 times)


  • *
  • Posts: 1
discharged from bankruptcy?
« on: Jul 18, 2009, 06:11:20 PM »
I have just had a letter from the regional case worker from the solicitors who have been dealing with my bankruptcy case which i filed for back in nov '08. The letter says 'the terms of your income payments agreement have now been completed in full and no further payments are due', can someone please confirm if his means i hve actually been discharged from bankruptcy or will i get a letter from the official receiver?

Thanking you



  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
Re: discharged from bankruptcy?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2009, 08:30:39 AM »
I would say at this stage it's a good sign... no more payments to make... good on you...

However I would be tempted to call the person who sent the letter and confirm your position...


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
Re: discharged from bankruptcy?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
Hello there,
When you were made bankrupt were you not told how long you would be bankrupt for?
The minimum as far as I know if for a year as undischarged so I would be very surprised if you were discharged.
I have to admit though for me personally I found out by accident that I was a discharged bankrupt when I went for a job.
They didn't make it very clear to me they just said I had restrictions on my file for 4 years.
As far as I know you will be an undischarged bankrupt for a year from petition so give them a call.
Afterwards look into rebuilding your credit file or creating a new credit file to get your rating back up.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 15
Re: discharged from bankruptcy?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
Sounds like you are discharged to me, phone them and find out is my advice.

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 90
Re: discharged from bankruptcy?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2009, 01:30:34 AM »
I would suggest writing to them asking for confirmation.

There is nothing better than having a document signed stating you have been discharged :)

You can also pay approximately £80 to the courts I believe to get the official stamp.
Raphael Gilbert
Head of Insolvency Divison www.ban