Author Topic: Cannot get credit, don't understand  (Read 4991 times)

Plucky007

Cannot get credit, don't understand
« on: Nov 02, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »
I have been turned down for credit and want some advice.
I have 1 default listed on my credit file with NewDay Ltd, registered 12th June 2018, basically now 15 months old.
2 accounts with Capital One, with some late repayments, and showing as partially settled, closed on the 19th September 2018.
1 account with Vanquis, again some late repayments, settled in full and closed on the 6th December 2016.
I have a Notice of Correction stating the circumstances of the NewDay default because my account was on hold with the lender, they still issued the default when the account was on hold as my disability benefits were stopped which was out of my control.
I am just being refused credit and cannot get nothing.
I'm very upset

Scrooge

Re: Cannot get credit, don't understand
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2020, 12:48:01 AM »
Hi. Credit reference agencies record info given to them by creditors. If an error is made and something is on there that shouldn't be, you need to write to the specific company who has that recorded and request that they remove it. The defaults and late payments are lowering your credit score which is why you are being declined, assuming you are on the electoral register. You need to get anything on their files that's wrong removed and try and pay off any debt that is still overdue, then your score will improve.