Author Topic: PPI Refund  (Read 2635 times)

HeadCandy

PPI Refund
« on: Apr 13, 2019, 04:45:05 PM »

Dear All

I wonder if you could advise with your views on this subject.

I declared bankruptacy in 2010 and am now clear of that.

Recently I sought to do a couple of PPI claims through a Claims company.

I was initially interested in PPI on a mortgage held with my ex wife 1999-2001, so sometime before the problems that I had. We divorced in 2003.

The claims company uncovered a credit card that I had had from 2003 until my bankruptacy. This credit card company has admitted miss-selling and has come to the conclusion that I am owed £12000.

They have written to me and explained that this money will be paid to the official receiver and that that they are still interested in my case, and so the money will be paid.

Now I do accept this although of course the money would be handy but if that is the law, then so be it.

I am concerned that the claims company may pursue me for money - I believe around 25%. It does say in their terms and conditions that they wont do this if the money goes directly to the insolvency service. I am worried because I am not sure if I declared that I was bankrupted on the form because I don't consider myself to be bankrupt, having been discharged.

Clearly I don't want to get a bill for £3000 for a chunk of money that I have never had.

I would welcome comments and advice.

Best regards

T

HeadCandy

Re: PPI Refund
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
just to clarify - the £12000 is being paid to the insolvency service.

HeadCandy

Re: PPI Refund
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2019, 11:59:07 PM »

Hello Everyone.

Would much appreciate some advice on this as now getting chased by the PPI Refund people.

Thank you so much.