Author Topic: Our house after bankruptcy  (Read 7240 times)

Kazzaf82

Our house after bankruptcy
« on: Nov 01, 2017, 05:39:04 AM »
Hi, it's my first time posting so hope I'm doing it right ?.

We were made bankrupt 8 years ago. At the time our house was in negative equity. The official receiver sold the beneficial interest to my father in law for £1.

We are in the process of selling our house at the.moment but I've noticed on the land registry that there is a restriction that says

No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.’[/font]

[/font]
Does anyone know if this.means we can't sell the house?  We did receive a letter at the time stating that the official receiver has no interest in the house and that bankruptcy restrictions were taken off the land registry.[/font]

[/font]
Thanks[/font]

Lisa Thomas

Re: Our house after bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
I'm not sure what that is referring to - it doesn't sound like the standard Bankruptcy restriction - does it go on to say more?

Your conveyancing solicitor should be able to explain and get this sorted for you.
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800

Scrooge

Re: Our house after bankruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:17:56 PM »
That sounds like it was entered on the Land Registry at the time of the bankruptcy. As you are now discharged from that and the beneficial interest was dealt with by the Official Receiver you should be free to sell without any restrictions. You should be able to get that clause removed from the Land Registry if you write to them with proof you are discharged from bankruptcy and that the Official Receiver no longer has any interest in the house. If you don't have all the required paperwork, a solicitor can obtain it and write to the Land Registry for you.