Author Topic: Catalogue Debt and EOS Solutions.  (Read 7654 times)

Misssparkle

Catalogue Debt and EOS Solutions.
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
Hi. Hope someone can give me some advice. For the past few years I have been receiving letters from EOS Solutions acting on behalf of Grattans catalogue regarding money I owe on an old account. I did send one payment of £5.00 but then I was diagnosed with cancer and on chemotherapy and consequently couldn't work. I didn't send any more money and every few months I would receive a letter from EOS asking for money. I still don't work because of the cancer and probably buried my head in the sand hoping they would go away and leave me alone. I now have received a letter from a solicitors acting on their behalf asking me to pay the debt back which I just can't afford. Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated as its stressing me out. Are they likely to accept something like £5 a month from me? The debt is £617.93. Thanks.

Lisa Thomas

Re: Catalogue Debt and EOS Solutions.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
Sorry to hear of your illness.

You need to respond as this will not go away and will only increase due to costs and interest and make things more stressful for you.

They should ask you to fill in some financial documents to prove your inability to pay the debt and hopefully you can reach a repayment plan with them, and get any interest and charge frozen.

You could consider contacting the CAB or a charity like Stepchange for more advice or consider a debt management plan, but for one creditor I suspect it will be simpler to deal with them direct.
www.Nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800